The April edition of Expiring Monthly: The Option Traders Journal was published yesterday (in keeping with our practice of publishing on the Monday following options expiration) and is available for subscribers to download.
In this month’s issue I author the feature article, Exploring Put to Call Ratios. This is somewhat of a departure from the bulk of the content of the magazine, which continues to focus on options as trading vehicles. For many of us, however, options are not only highly flexible trading vehicles, but also the source of quite a few slices of data that can serve as indicators, most notably the VIX and put to call ratios.
Some of my favorite articles in the current issue of Expiring Monthly include a Mark Sebastian interview noted options guru Larry McMillan; a guest article on the CBOE PutWrite Index (PUT) from Jason Ungar; and a thought-provoking piece from Jared Woodard on three volatility plays for the European sovereign debt crisis.
Mark Sebastian also interviews Ping Zhou, a co-author of Trading on Corporate Earnings News and pens the monthly Follow That Trade column, which focuses on position management for an OEX butterfly. Mark Wolfinger continues to be a prolific contributor, speaking out on options brokers are putting limits on customer trading on the last trading day of the expiration cycle, debating the role of options as speculative vehicles and offering some thoughts to the new options trader around risk, timing and money.
All in all I am delighted by the quality of our fourteenth issue, thrilled by the positive feedback I have received from readers, and excited by some of the articles that are currently taking shape for the coming months.
In keeping with tradition, I have reproduced a copy of the Table of Contents for the April issue below for those who may be interested in learning more about the magazine. Thanks to all who have already subscribed. For those who are interested in subscription information and additional details about the magazine, you can find all that and more at (the newly redesigned) http://www.expiringmonthly.com/.
- Expiring Monthly March 2011 Issue Recap
- Expiring Monthly January 2011 Issue Recap (I did not do a recap of the February issue)
- Expiring Monthly December 2011 Issue Recap
- Expiring Monthly November 2010 Issue Recap
- Expiring Monthly October 2010 Issue Recap
- Expiring Monthly September 2010 Issue Recap
- Expiring Monthly August 2010 Issue Recap
- Expiring Monthly July 2010 Issue Recap
- Expiring Monthly June 2010 Issue Recap
- Expiring Monthly May 2010 Issue Recap
- The Education of a Trader (from the May 2010 issue)
- Content Update
- Expiring Monthly: The Option Traders Journal Launches Today