Today marks exactly one year since I decided to launch VIX and More as a place to archive some of my thinking on volatility and the markets.
There have been times when I would have been better served to spend additional time and energy to do more research, analysis, system development, etc., but on balance, having a blog has been more fun than work and the exchange of ideas via comments and e-mail has had a positive impact on my trading.
Thanks to all who have contributed to this site by reading, commenting, and linking to some of what I have had to say. Particular thanks to those blogs who have sent the most traffic my way:
- Daily Options Report
- Abnormal Returns
- The dk Report
- Headline Charts
- Trading Goddess
- Chris Perruna
- The Kirk Report
- The Global Liquidity Blog
- The Big Picture
What have readers found most compelling on this site over the course of the past year? Of the 422 posts that 117,000+ unique visitors have had a chance to review during my first year, here are the top 25 most read posts:
- A Sentiment Primer (Long)
- Correlation Ideation
- How to Find the Spiker Before the Earnings Announcement
- BuyWrite Index as a Timing Tool?
- Commercials Get Long the VIX in a Big Way
- High Positive Correlation Between VIX and SPX Often Signals Market Weakness
- When to Short China?
- A Baker’s Dozen of Favorite Indicators
- Waiting for Godot
- A Dozen Things My Trading Accounts Are Thankful For This Year
- What My Dog Can Tell Us About Volatility
- Implied Volatility and Earnings Spikers
- Drilling Down on Sector Performance
- Brian Overby on Trading VIX Options
- First Annual VIX and More Blog Disclaimer Awards
- The McClellan Summation Index
- Thinking About the VXV
- The Incredible Shrinking VIX
- Using the VIX as a Timing Tool for the SPY
- VIX Price Movement Around FOMC Meetings
- A Challenge to Two Things You Think You Know About the VIX
- VIX March OTM Calls
- What’s in the FXI?
- The Promethian Trader
- Greenspan and the China Bubble