Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Two Must Read Blogs for Volatility Aficionados

Lately I have been a little light on posting due to various commitments that have kept me fully occupied. While I intend to start ramping up my posting frequency to previous levels, this seems like a good opportunity to highlight two relatively new bloggers who are serving up some excellent insights into volatility.

On the scene since last July is SurlyTrader, whose bio indicates a specialty in trading derivatives. This blog should probably be listed in my Favorite Options Blogs blogroll, but because of the breadth of the subject matter covered, I have elected to included the not-so-surly-one in my list of Other Blogs I Frequent. If today’s What Influences Volatiilty? does not make you an immediate fan, I’d be shocked.

A more recent entrant to the options blog scene is Volatility Square. Launched earlier this month, the new blog on the block immediately won me over with topics that are close to my heart, such as the recent VIX Fair Value Model.

For some reason, options blog seems to have a very short half-life. I’m hoping these two stick around for a long time.

For more on related subjects, readers are encouraged to check out:

Disclosures: none

blog comments powered by Disqus
DISCLAIMER: "VIX®" is a trademark of Chicago Board Options Exchange, Incorporated. Chicago Board Options Exchange, Incorporated is not affiliated with this website or this website's owner's or operators. CBOE assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness or any other aspect of any content posted on this website by its operator or any third party. All content on this site is provided for informational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended as advice to buy or sell any securities. Stocks are difficult to trade; options are even harder. When it comes to VIX derivatives, don't fall into the trap of thinking that just because you can ride a horse, you can ride an alligator. Please do your own homework and accept full responsibility for any investment decisions you make. No content on this site can be used for commercial purposes without the prior written permission of the author. Copyright © 2007-2023 Bill Luby. All rights reserved.
 
Web Analytics