- Mebane Faber of World Beta with an interesting look at mean reversion (a tip of the hat to CASTrader.com)
- Bernie Schaeffer of SchaeffersResearch.com with a deep dive on put to call ratios
- Adam Warner of Daily Options Report commenting on the rarity of the VIX falling 20% below the 10 day SMA (I get specific in his comments section and will talk in more detail about this in VIX and More soon)
- Philip McDonnell of Daily Speculations on a high variability distribution model for security prices
- Bill Rempel has some thoughts (buried toward the bottom of the comments) on how the VIX might be decomposed and better modeled (I’ll offer more on some of this thinking in due course)
- …and my favorite end of day commentary, The dk Report, is back up and running.
Thursday, March 22, 2007
DISCLAIMER: "VIX®" is a trademark of Chicago Board Options Exchange, Incorporated. Chicago Board Options Exchange, Incorporated is not affiliated with this website or this website's owner's or operators. CBOE assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness or any other aspect of any content posted on this website by its operator or any third party. All content on this site is provided for informational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended as advice to buy or sell any securities. Stocks are difficult to trade; options are even harder. When it comes to VIX derivatives, don't fall into the trap of thinking that just because you can ride a horse, you can ride an alligator. Please do your own homework and accept full responsibility for any investment decisions you make. No content on this site can be used for commercial purposes without the prior written permission of the author. Copyright © 2007-2013 Bill Luby. All rights reserved.