Thursday, March 31, 2011

Using the iPad for Trading

Unless FedEx (FDX) and Apple (AAPL) have their facts wrong, today the iPad 2 will arrive at my door step.

Since I passed on the iPad 1, this will be my first chance to play with something that I have no idea what I will ultimately end up interacting with. This could turn out to be new computer in a different form factor a toy or anything in between.

While I will try to integrate the iPad into my trading, I am not sure how this is going to happen either. I am not a big fan of using my iPhone for trading unless my environment does not allow any alternatives. As for the iPad, I can imagine it as a complement to my main trading setup, an excellent portable alternative to the iPhone and perhaps filling a bunch of other roles that I am not able to anticipate.

I would love hearing from other traders about how they use the iPad in their trading, whether it means news, charts, quotes, trade execution or whatever. If I get enough responses of note – either here or on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/VIXandMore) – I will summarize the information in a future post and add in my own experiences as well.

Related posts:

Disclosure(s): none

blog comments powered by Disqus
DISCLAIMER: "VIX®" is a trademark of Chicago Board Options Exchange, Incorporated. Chicago Board Options Exchange, Incorporated is not affiliated with this website or this website's owner's or operators. CBOE assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness or any other aspect of any content posted on this website by its operator or any third party. All content on this site is provided for informational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended as advice to buy or sell any securities. Stocks are difficult to trade; options are even harder. When it comes to VIX derivatives, don't fall into the trap of thinking that just because you can ride a horse, you can ride an alligator. Please do your own homework and accept full responsibility for any investment decisions you make. No content on this site can be used for commercial purposes without the prior written permission of the author. Copyright © 2007-2023 Bill Luby. All rights reserved.
 
Web Analytics