Thanks to all who have inquired about my absence and health. It turns out that I have been under the weather, then taking some time off. Originally I had intended to post more intermittently rather than coming to a complete stop, but now I am back to a normal posting schedule.
The recent volatility spike has generated dozens of questions and I will try to address as many of those as possible as posting begins to return to normal this weekend. I have also managed to fall far behind on emails and blog comments and will do my best to get caught up in this department as soon as I can.
In the interim, for those who are new to VIX and More or may be looking to cherry pick some of the best posts from the past in order to help shed light on the current situation, the following will certainly be of interest:
- 'Hall of Fame' posts -- usually a handful of posts each year that I think reflects some of my most creative and compelling content, regardless of popularity
- The Post of the Month: An Informal History of VIX and More -- for financial anthropologists, the most popular post for each month since VIX and More was launched in January 2007
- Top Posts of 2010 -- the top 25 posts of the year in terms of reader popularity
- Top Posts of 2009 -- the top 25 posts of the year in terms of reader popularity
- Top Posts of 2008 -- the top 25 posts of the year in terms of reader popularity
- Top Posts of 2007 -- the top 25 posts of the year in terms of reader popularity
Of course there is also the custom Google search bar in the right hand column just below the CBOE:RMC ad for specific keyword searches on this site. Which reminds me, I will be attending the aforementioned CBOE Risk Management Conference. If you are a reader and wish to say hello, this is an excellent time to do it.