Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Milestones Past, Present and Future

Several different milestones seem to be converging in time at the moment and I thought this would be a good opportunity to acknowledge them.

Last month the blog recorded hit number 2,000,000. While I wasn’t there to record the event as it happened, looking at Google Analytics, there is a pretty good chance it involved someone surfing in to get some information on VXX. Whoever it was, thanks for dropping by and I hope you found what you were looking for.

Some time earlier today I accumulated my 3000th follower on Twitter. My enthusiasm for Twitter has spiked up and down over the years, but I have settled comfortably into using Twitter to flag posts of interest around the blogosphere; highlight breaking news of particular interest; comment on the VIX and VXX, as well as related options, futures and ETFs; make occasional intraday market calls; and indicate whenever I have something new posted on the blog. I try to keep my comments to only a couple per day so as not to create visual gridlock. Readers can follow me at http://twitter.com/VIXandMore.

Looking ahead, sometime in the next month or two I will have 500 posts up and 1000 followers on Seeking Alpha. I mention this because Seeking Alpha has recently expanded their functionality and I am now utilizing their private email to respond to reader questions and have also begun to respond to comments posted their on my articles. Looking ahead, Seeking Alpha in the process of adding some investing apps and I hope to review some of my favorite in the next few weeks. For those who are interested, my Seeking Alpha posts can be picked up at http://seekingalpha.com/author/bill-luby.

Thanks for all who have contributed to the dialogue here, both in public and behind the scenes.

Related posts:

Disclosure(s): none

blog comments powered by Disqus
DISCLAIMER: "VIX®" is a trademark of Chicago Board Options Exchange, Incorporated. Chicago Board Options Exchange, Incorporated is not affiliated with this website or this website's owner's or operators. CBOE assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness or any other aspect of any content posted on this website by its operator or any third party. All content on this site is provided for informational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended as advice to buy or sell any securities. Stocks are difficult to trade; options are even harder. When it comes to VIX derivatives, don't fall into the trap of thinking that just because you can ride a horse, you can ride an alligator. Please do your own homework and accept full responsibility for any investment decisions you make. No content on this site can be used for commercial purposes without the prior written permission of the author. Copyright © 2007-2023 Bill Luby. All rights reserved.
 
Web Analytics