One of the advantages of living in
- Headline Charts has another superb overview of the current market breadth situation and concludes that it looks generally positive for the bulls.
- The CXO Advisory Group analyzes market movements around options expiration and notes a pattern of slightly elevated returns pre-expiration and slightly lower returns post-expiration.
- Adam at the Daily Options Report expands on the weather analogy as it applies to VIX options. [VIX options and the weather was one of the first subjects I tackled on VIX and More when I started blogging at the beginning of the year.]
- Babak at Trader’s Narrative discusses the BCA US Financial Stress Index and notes that while stress in the financial markets has not been this significant since the Savings and Loan Crisis of the 1980s, BCA Research remains bullish.
- Finally, the MarketPsych.com Fear Index overlays the percentage of “fear” words [the blue line] in the
financial news over a candlestick chart of the NASDAQ 100. U.S.