Lately I have been fielding quite a few questions about the VIX and More Subscriber Newsletter, and particularly about VIX and More EVALS, which is a model portfolio dedicated to trading VIX and volatility-centric exchange-traded products.
Rather than get into too many details in this space, I have elected to elaborate a little about each service on their respective blogs. For the newsletter, today I posted Q3 2012 Newsletter Update, with Stock of the Week +107% YTD and +4473% Since Inception, in which I provide some details about how I select the Stock of the Week, discuss some recent picks, and provide performance data going back to the March 2008 inception. As far as EVALS is concerned, this service has gone through two iterations, with the most recent iteration dating from November 2011 and focusing on VIX ETPs. In EVALS Q3 2012 Update: Up 70.59% Since November 2011 Inception I delve into some details about this model portfolio and provide a fair amount of data with respect to trades and performance.
For the record, I still generate content on a regular basis even when blog may appear to be dormant, as has been the case lately. While my personal trading is my first priority, content priority always goes to subscriber-based content such as the newsletter (published every Wednesday), EVALS, and Expiring Monthly magazine, where my contributions for the September issue included The FOMC 3 + 3 Trade as well as Trade Example: The September 2012 3 + 3.
For anyone who may be confused about how to differentiate between what I am writing about in various publications and locations, a good graphical reference can be found in Highlighting Newsletter Content Focus with Content Pyramid. I have also included pointers to a summary of my Expiring Monthly articles and Barron’s columns in the links below.
Last but not least, it appears my longer-than-expected hiatus on the VIX and More blog is now over and I can get back to posting free content on a regular basis. I also realize there are quite a few emails and blog comments which I need to attend to; I hope to address these in short order.
- Q3 2012 Newsletter Update, with Stock of the Week +107% YTD and +4473% Since Inception
- Changes to Newsletter Place More Emphasis on VIX Exchange-Traded Products
- Highlighting Newsletter Content Focus with Content Pyramid
- Newsletter and Portfolio Performance Update Through 12/31/10 (includes a discussion of the Stock of the Week)
- EVALS Q3 2012 Update: Up 70.59% Since November 2011 Inception
- EVALS Relaunches, Now Focusing on VIX Exchange-Traded Products
- Recent Research Projects and Expiring Monthly
- Guest Columnist at Barron’s: How to Trade Options Around Volatile Events