Yesterday, I learned that the people at S&P 500 Indices and the CBOE have collaborated on a new blog with the name of VIX Views.
The best news about VIX Views is the high quality of contributors and content. The most recent posts, all of which have appeared since January 7, include the following:
- Matt Moran (CBOE) – Why Are There Different Prices for VIX Spot and VIX Futures?
- Matt Moran (CBOE) – VXEEM Futures: 1,106 Trading Volume on the 3rd Day of Trading
- Siddhartha Oberoi (S&P Indices) – VIX ETPs Demystified: December 2011
- Frank Luo (S&P Indices) – An Introduction to VIX
- Berlinda Lu (S&P Indices) – Diversification Properties of VIX Futures Indices
- Berlinda Lu (S&P Indices) – Volatility Benchmarks in Europe
I encourage readers to take advantage of this resource and the valuable information stored in the archives, which date back to November 2011.
In thinking about VIX and More as a repository of information on the VIX, volatility and related subjects, I am reminded that I have tagged quite a few posts with the educational label. While I consider almost every post here to be educational, those with the educational label stand out above the crowd, particularly for those who may be relatively new to the VIX and/or are in search of material which does not assume a great deal of pre-existing knowledge.
Some of these posts with the educational label have been included in the links below. I have also included several posts in which I have highlighted resources on the VIX and volatility that I thought readers should be aware of.
Going forward, I have some thoughts about how to bring together all the material on this site in a manner that is easier to browse, but for now at least, Navigating VIX and More by the Labels will have to suffice.
- Robert Engle’s Volatility Laboratory
- New Blog/Site Recommendation: Index Indicators
- CBOE Rolls Out a New Blog; I Am a Guest Contributor
- Trading Resources: Print and Electronic Magazines
- Expiring Monthly: The Option Traders Journal Launches Today
- Livevol Pro: A World Class Suite of Volatility Tools
- Thinking About Volatility (First in a Series)
- Learning About Options (1)
- Learning About Options: The Exchanges (2)
- Charting 101
- The Education of a Trader
Disclosure(s): the CBOE and Livevol are advertisers on VIX and More; I am one of the founders and owners of Expiring Monthly