The CBOE calls it the CBOE Risk Management Conference and I like to think of it as “The VIX Summit,” but by any name I am convinced that the 30th annual CBOE RMC (yes, it is even nine years older than the VIX) is the top conference of the year for anyone with an interest in the VIX, volatility and more broadly in the subject of risk management.
Kicking off one week from today, on March 17th in Bonita Springs, Florida, the CBOE RMC is the best place I can think of to interact with the top thinkers and practitioners in the volatility space. The speakers and the agenda are both top notch and as always, an abundance of fascinating ideas and information will flow freely outside of the formal presentations. Some of the sessions that sound particularly interesting to my ear include:
- The Shifting Landscape of Volatility Products: Who is Doing What and Why, and What Should You Do About It?
- Panel on Volatility as an Asset Class: What Options- and Volatility-Related Strategies are Institutional Investors Employing and Why?
- Trading Volatility Across Asset Classes
- Volatility of Volatility
- The Volatility Surface: Skew and Term-Structure
- Listed Derivative Product Design and Trading
I encourage anyone with an interest in volatility to attend as this is an excellent place to find ideas to ruminate on and to master the art of volatility cross-pollination. After all, it is still a relatively small (but growing) group of aficionados that live and breathe volatility. Where else, for instance, can you find a bunch of like-minded souls who are already plotting how to implement VXST options strategies when these products have not even been launched?
Speaking of like-minded souls, if you have a moment, I encourage you to flag me down and say hello.
For those who are unable to attend, I will do my best to pass along some of the highlights from the conference.
Finally, for those who might be interested in a similar event on European soil, planning for the 3rd Annual CBOE RME-Europe is ongoing and at this juncture the odds favor a location that will appeal to those who are fans of links golf courses.
- Some Thoughts on the CBOE RMC
- Best VIX Conference of the Year? Try the CBOE RMC
- The Upcoming 2012 CBOE Risk Management Conference
- The VIX Summit, a.k.a. the CBOE Risk Management Conference
- Best VIX/Volatility/Risk Conference of 2013?
Disclosure(s): CBOE is an advertiser on VIX and More; VIX and More is a sponsor of the CBOE Risk Management Conference